November 27, 2016
Acne is something that many people struggle with and want to rid their face of. Some may think its just hormones and has nothing to do with our food that we eat but we know otherwise. In this article by Power Of Positivity they discuss how to rid our faces of acne with 4 different natural approaches.
Approximately 17 million people in the U.S. have acne. Nearly 85% of people between the ages of 12 to 24 develop acne. While both men and women are affected by acne, you men are more likely to suffer the effects of acne for longer periods of time, as testosterone tends to make acne worse. – Brown University College of Medicine
Acne is known to affect teenagers and young adults to a greater degree than other demographics. However, we are all susceptible to the occasional breakout from time-to-time. Breakouts are frustrating, unsightly and even painful.
The skin care industry has capitalized on people’s insecurity about their skin. Skin care products, specifically acne products, is a billion-dollar business. Some of these products have drastically improved the skin condition of people, so kudos is deserved in some cases.
However, there is no certainty that any skin care product or medical treatment will treat one’s acne. Often times, a person will spends hundreds (even thousands) of dollars on various treatments in hopes of treating a skin condition.
So, skincare can be expensive in terms of dollars. But there are ways of treating acne that are natural and cost-effective. We’re going to discuss some of these methods in this article.
Ice is terrific for reducing the inflammation, redness and swelling caused by pimples. Ice also helps increase blood circulation in the affected area. Further, ice is great for constricting the skin pores and eradicating accumulated oil and dirt.
– Wrap an ice cube in a thin piece of cloth.
– Place and hold the cube on the affected area for a few seconds.
– Wait five minutes and then repeat.
Lemon juice is rich in vitamin C, a potent ingredient in fighting acne. Lemon juice also has a drying property, which can help as well. As an acne treatment, it is essential to squeeze fresh lemon juice. In other words, lemon juice in a bottle is a no-go (it has preservatives).
There are a couple of different ways to apply this:
– Dab a cotton swap in freshly-squeezed lemon juice and apply on the affected areas before bed.
– Stir a tablespoon of lemon juice with a teaspoon of cinnamon powder and apply to the affected area. Leave this mixture on the affected area overnight. In the morning, rinse the skin well with warm water.
Please note: this is not a recommended treatment for those with sensitive skin.
Tea tree oil is effective in treating acne because of its antibacterial properties. Accumulation of bacteria within pores of the skin significantly increases the likelihood of a skin outbreak.
– Mix one tablespoon of aloe vera gel (a soothing agent) with a few drops of tea tree oil.
– Apply on the affected area.
– After 20 minutes, wash face with warm water.
A couple other options:
– Dip a cotton ball in tree oil, apply, and wash off after 20 minutes.
Stream is great for opening up the skin’s pores, and helps eliminate the bacteria, dirt and oils that clog them. This is a great everyday practice to keep the skin healthy by keeping the pores clear.
– Pour hot water into an appropriate container, such as a large bowl.
– Position face at a comfortable distance from the hot water (enough to feel a good amount of heat, but not too hot). Rest in this position for a 5-10 minutes.
– Rinse face with warm water and apply an oil-free moisturizer.
Another great way to get rid of your acne is with our daily cleanser tea which you can read more about here.
November 30, 2016
November 28, 2016